Navigating a cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatments is a distressing time for both the patient and his or her family. We know that many patients will at times feel overwhelmed with anxiety or isolated and scared. At Cancer Connection of Northwest Ohio, Inc., we want to provide the emotional support cancer patients need before, during, and after treatment or surgery.
- HAND-IN-HAND PROGRAM- Our hope is that no cancer patient will feel alone on this journey. Through our Hand-In-Hand Program, a Cancer Connection member will attend a patients oncology appointments as an advocate, supporter, and friend.
- STAGE 4 SUPPORT GROUP- An open discussion for stage 4 cancer patients and caregivers coping with their diagnosis.
- MENTORING – Sometimes speaking with another person who truly understands what you are going through can be a source of comfort. We partner our patients with survivors of the same cancer to provide opportunities for mentorship and encouragement.
- CHECK-IN PHONE CALLS – Once a patient or family member reaches out to Cancer Connection, the line of communication remains open. Our Care Coordinators make weekly phone calls to touch base with patients and ensure that we are always aware of any new or additional needs.
- HOSPITAL VISITS – Just as we attend patients oncology appointments, we also make hospital visits to ensure that patients never feel isolated or alone.
- HEALING ART- We offer classes taught by different local artists in order to encourage patients to express how cancer has affected their life.
We encourage you to reach out to us with any questions or for more information.